Thursday 10 June 2010

Picsdigger.com

Found my images being displayed on this site without any watermarks and without my permission. The thumbnails are irritating but when you click on the thumbnail a nice "grabable" image presents itself to anyone who wants it. They claim in their terms and conditions that all the images displayed are in the public domain. They certainly are not.

http://picsdigger.com

I checked out the GOOGLE forums about this site..

Apparently its a Russian site and they use your images to generate income via the Google adverts on their site. They have a "handy" linking code that encourages visitors to post your images on forums and blogs.. but then sends the resulting traffic back to them rather your personal site... which raises their Google ranking and in turn attracts more traffic to their sites.

No point in complaining to the site because they will ignore you.. but it is worth reporting it to Google and raising their awareness that they are actually paying for this. Spread the word..

My Red Bubble - Art PrintsMy Zazzle Shop- Cards, Mugs T Shirts etc

1 comment:

The Inept Blogger said...

Thank you so much. It has been a few months since I checked my website statistics, so I took a peek to find that PicsDigger is using MANY of my copyrighted images for their own use. Per another responders request, I just contacted Google. ARG!